URGENT ORAL SURGERY APPOINTMENTS DURING THE COVID PANDEMIC
You have been referred to have a tooth removed on an urgent basis. Before you attend your allocated urgent oral surgery appointment please read the following information carefully and ensure you follow all instructions closely. If you are unsure or concerned about anything please contact us using the form below:
LocationS - WHERE TO FIND US
At the time of booking you will be advised of the clinic that you have been allocated an appointment and will be provided with the full address. We hold clinics in various parts of London and Dorset however due to COVID restrictions not all clinics are available every day.
Charlton Village Dental Practice, 20 The Village, Charlton, SE7 8UD.
Maxident Clinic, 161 Bromley Road, Catford, SE6 2NZ
Confidential Clinic, 3 Hazel Lane, Greenwich, SE10 9FZ
AF Hackney, 13 Collent Street, Hackney, E9 6SG
SmileKind, 30 Ashley Road, Bournemouth, BH1 4LH
Dentistry@68, 68 Wimborne Road, Poole, BH15 2BZ
Please do not contact the practices with questions about your appointment, all enquiries should be directed to Oral Surgery Ltd on 0330 122 9382, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form below.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please read all information & instructions carefully, this includes the consent form and post operative instructions which can be downloaded below.
- If after reading all of this information you have questions, either about the process or about your treatment please submit this question using the secure form below prior to your appointment. Due to restrictions on treatment times we want to try to answer all of your questions, as far as reasonably possible, before you attend your appointment.
- If you or anyone in your household have symptoms of coronavirus (a cough and/or fever) or you have been in contact with anybody with coronavirus PLEASE DO NOT attend your appointment, please visit nhs.uk/coronavirus to check your symptoms and if you are unsure please contact us for advice.
- If you have travelled abroad or to any other areas of the UK you MUST inform us of this prior to your appointment, depending upon your travel activities it may be necessary to delay your appointment.
- Before attending your appointment please ensure you have had a light meal.
- For safety reasons around infection control, bathroom facilities in the practice are currently unavailable so please use the bathroom before coming to your appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment, due to restrictions on appointment times we cannot accept patients who arrive late under any circumstances.
- We request that you attend your appointment alone, companions will not be admitted into the building other than where they are accompanying a child or an individual that requires a carer.
- Upon arriving at the practice you will be required to remain outside until your appointment time when you will be admitted into the building by a member of staff, please knock on the door and wait patiently until you are called through.
- The door is kept locked for safety reasons and to ensure we keep persons within the building to an absolute minimum in respect of physical distancing measures. If you are waiting outside please respect social distancing rules and remain 2 meters apart from others.
- When you are admitted into the practice, you will be greeted by a member of staff who will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Upon entry you will be required to wash your hands or sanitise your hands and may have your temperature checked
- You will be asked to attend with a face covering, this will be worn for the duration of your visit other than removing it for treatment.
During your appointment
- You will be greeted by a clinician who will be in full Personal Protective Equipment.
- You will be triaged prior to going through to the treatment area, this may involve taking an x-ray prior to treatment
- You will be required to sign a consent form once you have discussed the treatment with your surgeon
- You will be required to rinse your mouth with a disinfecting mouthwash which aims to reduce the risk of any virus being present in your saliva
- We would ask that you respect social distancing rules wherever possible during your time at the practice and follow all instructions given to you by our staff.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please follow all aftercare advice given to you at the end of your appointment
- Below you can download our written post-operative instructions
- If you have a post-operative concern please call us on 0330 122 9382 or email us at email@example.com to access advice.